We are now in the week of the announcement of the RIBA Stirling Prize 2013 with still time to get your tickets. The BBC have been asking you for your vote on which shortlisted scheme should win the prize. But how is such a prestigious award judged, what are the judges looking for?
- Design excellence
- A building that is fit for purpose
- One that is sustainable, both economically and environmentally
- The complexity of the brief and degree of difficulty
- The extent of innovation, invention and originality
- The selection of materials, and the way in which they are detailed
- The engagement, delight and stimulation to occupants, visitors and passers-by